boost your career in VFX: VFX or Visual Effects is a specialized discipline that involves the amalgamation of the live shoot with digitally crafted images or fabricated fictional characters as well as environment using digital programs and computer graphics so as create spectacular, awe-inspiring entertainment.
Usually, Visual FX is employed, when the plot requires exaggerated yet realistic action or situations or environment-bomb blast or alien environment or show of superpowers, etc.
In order to boost your career in VFX you need to follow the following steps:
Build your fundamentals: You must build a strong foundation by strengthening your basics, learning the use of different types of VFX software, learning about various aspects of your business-digital design, storyboarding, cinematography, green screen technology, photography, etc. Once you get a hang of things, only then you should start experimenting with varied VFX tools. You should also be open to adapting your skills to work in diverse environmental setups.
Join a VFX course: You must join a college that offers a certification in “Animation & VFX Communication Design”. Along with this college must ensure:
- The curriculum must offer comprehensive knowledge including theoretical, technical as well as business knowledge.
- Students must be given competencies about ways to handle diverse communication challenges across various formats and contexts along with an understanding of principles of design.
- Besides this, the curriculum must not only offer knowledge about socio-cultural settings that students might have to operate in as professionals, but also equip them with relevant strategies.
- College must offer state of the art studio so as to facilitate hands-on training, experienced in the use of new tools & techniques, latest software in addition to the use of AI.
- Competencies are developed in the use of 2D, 3D graphics, modeling, simulation, prototyping, etc. so that the students can bring to life their imaginations and visualizations, thus building engaging characters, environment, or awe-inspiring sequence.
- In order to build life-like characters or a simulated environment using computer graphics, students are motivated to develop their observational skills, thus facilitating correct body language, expressions and movements environmental features, etc.
- College must ensure the development of a strong portfolio through participation in competitions, live projects, internships, etc.
Strive to be the best:
Always be at the top of the game. You should always be opened to learning new stuff, keep abreast with the latest techniques, art, photography. You must understand the filmmaking process from the director’s perspective such that even if you are responsible just for a part of the shot, you must have an understanding of the complete sequence- how the shot will be panned. Besides this, you must improve your skills by:
- Develop your own short movies using VFX techniques. Identify where VFX will fit into your story
- You must develop an understanding of the VFX pipeline
Showcase your work through a showreel: Keep in mind the following:
- Showcase only your best work
- The reel must be up to date with relevant content
- Your reel must be under 3 minutes
Be a team player: Animation and VFX work usually involves group tasks. You must be a team player with a positive attitude and should be open to criticisms, feedback, ideas, and learning from colleagues. You should encourage the team members to deliver their best and communicate ideas and without any fear.