How to Install Kodi Addons in Few Steps: Get Information! >> An Addon is a stirring wheel for Kodi media-player to help project your favorite channels and TV shows.
Kodi is an open-source media that requires addons to operate. The addons are designed to stream various content such as TV shows, Kid’s entertainment, documentaries, movies, and more. They are the fueling engine for the better functionality of the Kodi streaming app. To enjoy Kodi services, the user should install several addons and create a colossal content library.
The internet has thousands of Kodi addons from various developers. However, getting the best Kodi addons with unique and working content is quite challenging. The user must ensure to conduct good research of the addon to avoid frustrations. All addons are contained in a repository for an easy installation process.
Installing Kodi addons
Kodi is a legal streaming app that is compatible with many devices. However, Kodi addons are considered third-party apps and must be downloaded and installed for Kodi to work. To accommodate the addons, the user needs to change some settings.
- Go to the Kodi homepage menu and click the settings option
- Select the tab system and tap the addons option on the menu.
- Next, enable unknown sources options if the tab is off.
- The page will prompt you with a warning message click “YES” to proceed.
The user can select their favorite addon for the process. There doesn’t take long; you only need to add a source, install the repository and install the preferred addon.
- First, run Kodi on your device and open the settings page.
- Proceed and click “file manager” followed by the “add source” option.
- The page will display some options; click “none” to continue.
- Now enter the “source URL” and click “OK.”
- Next, type the name of the source and click “OK.”
- Note the user can type any mane they prefer to help them identify the source.
- Proceed back to the Kodi homepage menu and click the “addons” option.
- Tap on the “open box” icon or the package installer.
- Select the button “install from zip file.”
- Next, click on the name you select for your source.
- On the new page, the zip file for the repository will appear. Note some sources have different repositories.
- The system will start the repository installation. Give the process sometimes; the installation notification will appear on the screen.
- Continue and click the option indicated as “install from repository.”
- Next, select the repository you had already installed and click “video addons.”
- Choose the addon you wish to install on your Kodi app from the repository.
- Now click “install” and select “OK.”
- Give the installation process some time; once it’s complete, the installation notification will show on the screen.
- Now you can enjoy watching movies, TV shows, or any other content on Kodi.
Note add-ons are designed with particular content, for example, movie, and TV show addons, music addons, sports addons, and more. To have a variety, you need to install different addons to access various contents on your device.
VPN on Kodi
Online streaming attracts different surveillance bodies such as ISP, government, and third-party authorities. The authorities follow up on the illegal use of copyrighted content. This might cause the user legal trouble or blocking of streaming apps. The user can also experience internet throttling which is annoying. To curb such acts, one needs to invest in a good VPN service. A VPN covers your IP address, location, and data keeping you safe from hackers and surveillance eyes. Kodi works with different VPN service making it easy for the user to install the service on their devices.
Also Read – Major Causes of SD Card Failure and Data Loss