Why Is Texas Governor In A Wheelchair (Feb) Know Here! >> This article gives you information about the Governor of Texas who uses a wheelchair. Please read the post to know the reason behind it.
Why Is Texas Governor in a Wheelchair? It’s the question that everyone wants to know the answer to. Users are curious to know why the Texas governor, Greg Abbott is in a wheelchair. Users are curious about why and how is he in a wheelchair and if he has been like this since birth. Please keep reading to know all of it.
This term has become trendy as users get curious to find out why is he in a wheelchair, and their curiosity makes it popular. This query has primarily gained popularity in the countries like the United States and Canada.
Who is Greg Abbott?
Why Is Texas Governor in a Wheelchair ? The governor under observation is Greg Abbott. The Texas governor that users are searching about is none other than Greg Abbott. He’s the first governor in the history of Texas to have a disability. He was born in November of 1957, which makes him 63 years old.
He’s the 48th Governor of Texas and came into this position in 2015 and has stayed there since. He has also been an attorney general of Texas from 2002. He openly uses a wheelchair to move around and is only the third US governor to do so. After being elected the Texas governor for the first time in 2015, he was re-elected again in 2019.
Why Is Texas Governor in a Wheelchair?
- Despite what others may say, Governor Abbott wasn’t born with this condition.
- He wasn’t disabled by birth, and his disability is the result of an unfortunate accident.
- In July 1984, Greg Abbott had a terrible accident when an oak tree fell on him.
- Sources reveal that he was 26 years old at the time and had recently graduated from law school.
- He was on a jog in the neighborhood when this accident happened.
- This accident nearly proved fatal for him, as he was paralyzed from the waist down after the tree shattered his back.
- Despite extensive hospital treatment, he couldn’t overcome the paralysis as the damage done was far too significant.
- Why Is Texas Governor in a Wheelchair? Doctors mended his spine with two steel rods which remain inside him today and will likely do so for the remainder of his life.
- Governor Abbott sees it as a challenge in his life that he has to face and overcome.
- He further added that we shouldn’t be let down by such things but respond and stand up to them instead.
- He believes that these challenges shouldn’t get in our way, and with hard work and dedication, nothing is impossible.
Texas governor Greg Abbott uses a wheelchair because his spine was shattered in an accident. Why Is Texas Governor in a Wheelchair? Other related information is given above.
What have you learned from the message and experience of Governor Abbott? Do you agree with the philosophy that we shouldn’t give in to challenges and face them instead? Let us know your opinion in the comments.