Shell 130th Anniversary (July) Beware And Stay Alert! >> This article gives you crucial details about a scam misusing the name of a reputed company.
A glance at the numbers of the multinational gas company Shell will reveal that it’s undoubtedly one of the world’s largest, well-known, old, and reputed companies. But, unfortunately, scammers like to use these companies’ names to use their trustworthiness to fool users and steal their money and sensitive information. The Shell 130th Anniversary is another example of such scams.
This scam has started to spread in many countries, specifically the Philippines. Keep reading this article to know more about this scam, its working, and how you can protect yourself. We’ll also reveal all other relevant information.
What is Shell?
Shell is a British-Dutch gas company that operates in many countries. Its full name is the Royal Dutch Shell and is headquartered in the Netherlands and incorporated as a public company in the UK. It’s one of the biggest oil and gas companies and has repeatedly found its way into the list of the largest companies in the world.
Details about Shell 130th Anniversary Scam
- This scam is not limited to Shell and also uses the name of some other established companies to fool users in the Philippines and elsewhere.
- The scam claims that Shell has organized a celebratory event on its 130th anniversary where users stand a chance to win $1,000.
- It asks you to click on the link to participate in this event.
- After clicking on it, you’ll likely be redirected to a page that will claim you have won some rewards.
- It will ask you to share this scheme to your friends on social media platforms or via text to claim the reward.
- The Shell 130th Anniversary scam will also ask you to enter personal details like name, address, etc., to get the reward.
- It will try to rush you to perform these tasks by setting a time limit to claim the awards; many users fall victim to it.
- It will claim that the reward will arrive within 5-7 days.
What to do if you encounter this Scam?
- Do not respond to any such emails, texts and do not click on any suspicious links.
- Do not enter your sensitive information like personal details, banking details on a website you don’t find trustworthy.
- If you have accidentally entered these details on the Shell 130th Anniversary scam website, immediately report it to the authorities and inform your bank.
- Take preventive measures to avoid falling victim to scams. Also, keep an out for your characteristics that can distinguish between legitimate and fraudulent websites.
- Please note that Shell is not directly responsible if you suffer damages because of a scam using their name.
- Get to know more about Shell here.
A scam is gaining some traction as its claiming to offer money as rewards in the celebration of the 130th anniversary of the multinational gas company Shell. This scheme isn’t real, and the related information is mentioned above.
Have you encountered this Shell 130th Anniversary scam on social media platforms or anywhere else? Let us know your thoughts on this scam in the comments section below.
Also Read : – Starbucks 60th Anniversary Promo (July) Details Inside!